Yippie, I got nominated for the Liebster Award for new blogs. Thank you so much to my friend Darren over at Arty Plantsman for nominating me <3 Go and visit him for stunning art and photography as well as entertaining words.
Part one: My own participation
Darren asked us nominees a bunch of really interesting questions. Here are my thoughts on them:
- If you could be one fictional character for a day, and actually live their life, – who would it be and why?
I don’t know if you know this series, but ever since it’s been published on Netflix I was hooked: Jane the Virgin. I just love everything about it, surprisingly even the (many) clichés it contains. I choose Jane to answer this question because she’s funny and always tries do to the right thing, she’s dead honest, has this crazy life but somehow still her shit together and really got this whole writer-thing so much more figured out than me…
- Can you play a musical instrument? If so, which? If not – which would you most like to learn or like to listen to?
My sister and I used to to play the recorder when we were kids, but after torturing my parents every year with Christmas classics in crooked tones we accepted the fact that we’re both passionate, but rather ungifted. Much to the joy of my dad we never tried to play another instrument after that. Today though I would love to learn how to play the violin, which is my most favourite instrument of all times. Who knows, mabye I’ll give it a try one day.
- Are your friends (partners excluded) mostly of your own (biological) sex?
I have to distinguish between best friends and friends: My three best friends are my sisters (one biological, two from-other-misters) and they are simly part of who I am. No guy (except for my boyfriend) is as close to me as them. I don’t know if it has anything to do with their gender or not – the core of our relationship consists of deep respect and acceptance for each other, like-minded spirits, honesty and the personal striving for more inner peace (and less over-thinking); qualities that I believe can be found both in men and in women.
When it comes to my “normal” friends, meaning people I catch up with every once in a while and like spending time with, I guess it’s more or less 50 % guys and 50 % girls.
- If magic could make it possible, would you be interested in changing sex for a few days to see the world from another perspective? Do you think it would be a good idea if we all did this at least once in our life?
Definitely yes! As much as I believe that stereotypes are overrated and there are way less differences between men and women than commonly assumed, there are just some things that will never be the same. I think it would help a great deal with understanding, accepting and showing compassion for the other gender if we all did this at least once in our life.
- Vampire movies/shows – do you prefer scary ones or romantic ones, and which?
I feel truly ashamed for admitting that I have never ever in my life seen a vampire movie or show (if I was typing on my phone instead of my computer I would add one of these shocked emojis now). To be fair I was always more of a bookworm and there are a million classical movies that are still on my watch list. But still…I think I have some catching up to do! Anyone has any recommendations? I’m generally a chicken, so nothing too scary please 🙂
- Think of something good about yourself. Talk about it if you want, but I just wanted you to feel nice.
That’s so sweet of you Darren <3 Thank you for that.
Now we’re supposed to share some random facts about ourselves:
Okay…Let me see:
- I love to travel – I visited 19 countries so far without ever having been to North America or Asia. Many more to come hopefully.
- I’ve eaten frozen pizza only once in my life.
- I’m a lawyer who refuses to practice law.
- I once lived in Belgium for 6 months.
- I’m Swiss/Italian, madly in love with an Egyptian living in Czech Republic and our cat is Croatian.
- I’m a meditation teacher and currently taking classes in becoming a spiritual guide.
- My biggest dream is to become a published writer and make a living out of it.
- I’m a compulsive over-thinker.
- I used to hate the beauty mark on my left cheek. Also because I’ve been bullied for it.
- I speak six languages and am currently learing arabic.
Part two: Passing it on
The award is really for those blogs who have less than or around 200 followers so I have been checking you all out for follower numbers and/or if you have already had this award recently. My choices are:
- The wonderful Hanaa with GeminiMoonTree
- The Seedsower
- About Meditation
- Daily Divorce Meditations
- Mindfullness Meditation World
- Relaxing into Meditation
- Embracing Spirituality
- Healthy Spirituality
- Nathaniel Kaine
- Phoenix RCJ
- Humble Mumblings
The instructions for accepting the award and passing it on are as follows:
- Create a new blog post on your blog thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog, and put in a graphic of the award (for me personally you can also skip that part);
- Answer the questions that were provided, and then share some facts about yourself;
- Create a new set of your own questions for others to answer;
- Nominate others (around ten) and share your blog post with them so they can accept their award
- No pressure to join in at all; it’s also possible to just participate without passing it on and nominating others <3
Questions for my nominees:
- If you had one wish (excluding the one where you wish for more wishes) – what would it be?
- How important is music in your life?
- How do you reconnect with yourself if you feel lost?
- How would you describe your relationship to religion/spirituality? (No pressure, if this is too personal just skip it :-))
- How content are you with your current job/life situation?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What scares you most?
- Are you or have you ever been addicted to something and how do/did you deal with it? (Again – skip it if it’s too personal)
Now – provide some random facts about yourself. I can’t wait to read a little bit more about you 🙂